Termite proofing and treatment is important segment in constructing a building. Tpl services offers specialized Termites proofing / control in residential & commercial premises. Termites are also known as white ants. Termite proofing is the treatment given to a building, to control or prevent the termite growth in the building. The termites enter into buildings through cracks, walls, pipes and floor joints etc. Once termites developed in the building area, it is very difficult and costly to finish.
Pre-construction termite proofing is more effective and cost effective. TPL Services always recommends to protect your valuable properties by pre – construction termite proofing which is done by injecting termiticide by power injector.
Soil treatment of foundation: – chemical is injected through holes to treat the soil under the concrete slab. High efficiency drill machines and injectors are used to create a protective layer around your building for years and years.
subterranean termites is found in many areas of Pakistan:
- Swarmers: Dark-brown to black in color, about ¼ to ½ inch long with two pairs of wings that are very close to being equal in length.
- Workers: No wings, about ¼ inch or less in length and cream colored.
- Soldiers: No wings, large mandibles (jaws), termite colony defenders, are creamy-white in color, but their head is often brownish in color.
- Appearance of damaged wood: Since subterranean termites build their nests underground, damaged wood usually has an accumulation of soil or mud within the tunnels of the wood they are eating. Since subterranean termites only eat the softwood, damaged wood appears to be layered, the result of the workers not eating the hardwood portion. In addition, subterranean termites feed “with the grain” rather than across the grain, as do drywood termites.
- Location of the nest: As their group name suggests, the nest is usually found below ground. Nests may be found above ground, but only when sufficient moisture conditions are available to support the above-ground nest and the colony is old and well established.